Greg and Dane Cook team up to knock out a great podcast. Greg and Dane start off by recapping their dialogue about abortion from the Sirius 101 show. After talking about Dane’s acting credits, Greg and Dane then improv a scene from an action movie. Greg sheds the truth behind what is hidden behind a rainbow and then gets to the hard hitting questions about Dane’s career. They move on from Dane’s career to talking about hecklers, and start sharing different heckling stories. Dane tells a story about a four-or-five-way with some college co-eds and how he always leaves a paper trail behind any sex he has. They wrap up the podcast with your Overheards, Half-a-Mans, and the subtitles you suggested for Greg’s soon to be released book Dear Mrs. Fitzsimmons.

DOWNLOAD HERE – or, even better, subscribe on iTunes!

Comments

• ACVR - June 29, 2010 at 8:48 AM

Really cool to listen two experienced comedians talk so candidly about the biz. DC you’re a nice guy who’s a incredibly gifted story teller and Fitz I’m gonna tune in to your show more often.

• Joe Simmons - June 29, 2010 at 1:23 PM

Excellent show, Greg. First time I’ve heard it. I’m too cheap and/or broke for Sirius.

• Lisa - June 29, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Great Podcast! Greg can you please come to Atlanta or Athens, GA?

• Michael F. - June 29, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Five seconds after Greg reads the subtitle “We Need to Talk”, Dane Cook comes up with “We Need to Talk About Your Son.” Ah, a “Master” at work. A master what is the only question.

• maryann sibert - June 29, 2010 at 4:53 PM

High five on the jive
    live….pod e talk about
    the whether or knot
    it was serious jock………………..

• Pimp_Juice - June 29, 2010 at 6:18 PM

That shit was funny

• K.Gall - June 29, 2010 at 8:09 PM

enough said, I want what you are on.. ;)

• Michael UNI - June 29, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Thought this podcast was hilarious and extremely interesting. I felt like Dane Cook was being very honest about the whole ripping off material situation. Keep up the awesome work Greg and crew.

• C_in_Oakland - June 29, 2010 at 10:57 PM

here is a HALF A MAN:
    Gabriel Byrne and Andy Garcia.

Listen to all your shows. Honest and you are no bullshit…
    Keep it up!

• Susie Q - June 30, 2010 at 10:41 AM

Everyone has always made Dane out to be such a douchefuck, but I thought he was funny and real. I am now a Dane Cook fan. Thanks Greg.

• Tom F. - June 30, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Awesome. Dane Cook was superhonest, felt for the guy and what a tough period he has come out of.

Half-a-man:
    Ving Rhames and Michael Clark Duncan
    Josh Lucas and Matthew McConaughy

• Scott - July 1, 2010 at 10:49 AM

Half-A-Man:

Andy Dick

• John - July 1, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Half a man

Kurtwood Smith and Michael Ironside

Go watch Robocop and Total Recall and just try to tell them apart.

• Steve D - July 1, 2010 at 5:28 PM

Half a man:
    Robin Wright and Elisabeth Shue

• Stephanie - July 1, 2010 at 11:47 PM

• SamEyeAm - July 2, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Tom F’s half-a-man of Michael Clark Duncan and Ving Rhames is strong. I still like mine but haven’t heard it on the podcast yet…Nick Cannon and Bill Bellamy.

I was one of the people guilty of passing judgement on Dane Cook based on what I heard about him from other people. But after listening to this, I’ve become a fan. Not gonna seek out his work or see him in concert, but he’s no longer viewed in an unfavorable way in my eyes. The fact that he’s never had a drink in his life impressed me. I, too, am proud to say I’ve never partaken in an adult beverage.

For a book title, how ’bout something like…

“Dear Mrs. Fitzsimmons: …On the Bright Side, This Will Make For One Hell of a Book!”

• tracy - July 3, 2010 at 7:38 AM

that was great and so true..love igt

• B Dizzle - July 4, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Andy Garcia’s half a man is Mark Strong, the Arab Intel guy from Body of Lies. Great podcast. Dane Cook is a truly unique comic with hours of great material. “You know what happened to Benson’s Animal Farm? It fucking moved!!”

• steven - July 5, 2010 at 12:07 AM

half a man (well a 1/3): Roseanne, rosie o donnell, and tom arnold.

• Tom F. - July 6, 2010 at 3:38 AM

Like the Nick Cannon / Bill Bellamy half-a-man, both guys I barely am aware of yet they do take up the same space in my mind.

To go with the Ving Rhames / Michael Clarke Duncan, here is a third interchangeable deep-voiced bald badass brother: Delroy Lindo.

And due to his slow-motion career tumble, I now put Tom Cruise in the same space as George Clooney.

• Gary B - July 9, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Greg is cool and Dane is cool. Adam and Greg are in constant play on my phone. Nuff said.

GB

• mark medlin - July 13, 2010 at 7:36 AM

No one has made the point that Dane is one of the highest paid comics and Greg just does O.K. but Greg is much much funnier than Dane.

I like Dane and i think he was cool for talking with Greg about everything the way he did. But i got just a small amount of doushy vibes from him when he was being serious.

Great podcast

• Andrew Kresse - July 17, 2010 at 1:32 AM

The Roe v Wade bit you quote is from comedian Mike MacRae.

• Lloyd - July 20, 2010 at 10:28 AM

Wow. I really enjoyed this Podcast. This turned me back into a Dane Cook fan. I really appreciated his honesty and openness.
    Good jog Greg in bringing this out of him.

• Susie - July 23, 2010 at 12:53 PM

I am now a Dane Cook fan. Thanks!