In an unprecedented display of AA list talent, I am joined in my garage/studio first by Natalie Maines of The Dixie Chicks, and then Zach Galifianakis (not via telephone this time). We sat in my studio, along with Mike Gibbons, for a very, very long time and discussed everything from fame, to race, to orange pubic hair. This is part one. Part two will be up in a week to allow for my “Live from Minneapolis” podcast this Saturday.

Enjoy it, and please leave a comment about it on iTunes!

DOWNLOAD THE PODCAST – Click HERE to download the podcast directly, or do yourself a favor and CLICK HERE to subscribe on iTunes.

Comments

• Ron Schmidt - September 28, 2010 at 7:18 AM

Thanks for mentioning your Minneapolis gig on Adams

podcast on Sunday? that we heard on Monday. I might have

missed seeing you live. We will be at your first show Thursday. Hope you can say hello to your fans between shows.

• monty - September 28, 2010 at 7:43 AM

that was in fact a really good podcast. Zach greek last name is super funny, Gibbons had some good lines and actually seemed alive for a change

• Brett - September 28, 2010 at 9:20 AM

Part 2 in one week!!! You cruel bastard!

• amanda - September 28, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Great podcast – can't wait to hear the rest next week!

• angie P. - September 29, 2010 at 1:47 AM

great podcast–but i am calling bullshit on having to wait a week.

• Eeep - September 29, 2010 at 7:17 AM

Should have pictured Zach hugging a laser printer on one side and Natalie on the other.

• kevyn j - September 29, 2010 at 7:44 AM

i'm one of those strange "black" subscribers to your podcast. I love the show! Your guests are often engaging, insightful and HILARIOUS. I hope we continue to discuss race and how humor can difuse the hatred that it can be couched in! Kudos Mrs. Fitzsmmons boy!

• Tom F. - September 29, 2010 at 8:45 AM

Really real. Loved it. Mike Gibbons had the best line of the podcast, in regards to Fitzdog's upcoming "Black" podcast: "It will start late."

Greg was awesome, calling Natalie "Maine" and "Merchant". Put her in her place unintentionally, which is always the best way.

So funny how Zach denies telling "ironic racist" jokes in private with anyone he knows. He must have forgotten telling the story about Chris Rock opening for Metallica, and his own tweet to Louis CK (posted Aug 24). So…he must not have been joking? Here's another Zach joke: "I never use the term "sand n*****." Well, there was one time when I was at the beach and said, "Volleyball is a white man's sport, get off the sand, n*****!"

• C_OAKLAND - September 29, 2010 at 12:54 PM

Keep it up. I like your show.

and what about my a Half a Man for christssakes?.

again.

________________________

Andy Garcia = Gabriel Byrne

• Bob - September 29, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Zach needs to do a Elton John/Billy Joel-type dual piano tour with Craig Robinson to heal the nation's racial divide.

• Nick C. - September 29, 2010 at 11:18 PM

Does Zach still need to print something?

- Seriously though, this is THE best podcast. I listen to podcasts 10 hours a day 4 days a week while at work and this is the show that I most look forward to.

• Minesh - September 30, 2010 at 11:05 AM

I'm feeling very blue-balled right now. What do mean, a week? C'mon, fitz, get this shit up ASAP!

Love the podcast, by the way.

• Jim - October 1, 2010 at 12:18 PM

I want to preorder the book but I gotta have audiobook and I don't see that on Amazon. Is it going to be available?

• Elizabeth - October 2, 2010 at 11:43 AM

I listen to your podcasts every week and both this week were pure gems. I am so looking forward to Part II! plus more podcasts of just you, that was maybe my favorite format for my greg fitzsimmons fix. you make my hour commute to work so much funnier, keep up the great work!

• DJ - October 4, 2010 at 4:23 AM

a week in between podcasts is annoying! that was a great show you should do more shows throughout the weeks!

• Marlena - October 7, 2010 at 6:51 AM

I love your podcast. I'm a new listener. I heard you on Adams podcast and had to download yours. I'm now listening to all your older shows. Hilarious!